Thank you for using Gathr! Your trust is important and we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The information you share allows us to create a great experience for you.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three general categories of information we collect.
1.1 Information You Give to Us Necessary for the use of the Gathr Platform
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use Gathr. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Basic Account Information. When you sign up for a Gathr Account, we require information including your first name, last name, email address, and date of birth.
- Profile and Listing Information. To use certain features of Gathr (such as isting a service and/or experience), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
- Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain a safe and trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as image copies of your government issued ID, passport, or driving license) or other authentication information.
- Payment Information. To use certain features of Gathr (such as booking), we may require you to provide certain financial information (such as your credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via Gathr Payments).
1.2 Information you choose to give us.
You may share additional personal information to Gathr to receive a better user experience when using our platform.
- Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your private Gathr profile (such as your gender and saved address).
- Other Information. You may choose to provide us with additional information when you fill out a form, respond to customer surveys, post to community forums and groups, participate in special promotional offers, communicate with our customer support team, share your experience with us, or use other features belonging to Gathr.
1.3 Information that is necessary for the use of the Payment Services.
The Payments Data Collector needs to collect the following information necessary for performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable laws (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Payment Information. When you use our Payment Services, the Payments Data Controller requires certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to process payments and comply with applicable law.
1.4 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of Gathr
When you use the Gathr, we automatically collect personal information about the services you use and how you use them.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of Gathr, we may collect information about your location as determined through data—for example, your IP address or mobile device’s GPS so we can therefore offer you a better user experience.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Gathr Platform such as the types of pages or content that you preview, your searches for types of Listings, the bookings you’ve created, and other actions you performed on Gathr.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect data and device information when you use Gathr, even if you have not created an official Gathr Account or logged in. That information includes: details about how you have used our platform (including if you clicked on Gathr affiliated links from third party websites), IP address, access dates and times, device information, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the our website.
- Payment Transaction Information. Gathr Payments collects information related to your transactions through our Gathr Platform, including the payment instrument used, data such as the date and time of the transaction, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing post code, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address, billing address, and/or other related details. This information is necessary for the performance of the contract between you as a customer and Gathr Payments.
1.5 Information We Collect from Third Parties.
Gathr and Gathr Payments may gather information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use our Gathr Platform and our Payment Services. We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your Personal Information, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
- Third Party Services. If you link or login to your Gathr Account with a third party service (such as: Google, Facebook), the third party may send Gathr information such as your registration, friends contact list, and profile information from that particular service. This information can vary and is fully controlled by that service or as authorized by you through your privacy settings that belong to that third party service.
- Public Reviews. If someone has written a review about you as a vendor on our platform—those reviews will be listed on that vendor’s service page.
- Referrals. If you are invited to Gathr, the customer who invited you may submit personal information about you such as your email address and/or other contact information.
1.6 Children’s Data.
Our website is not directed to children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under 18. Customers above the age of 18 are allowed to book for children’s parties and/or anyone under the age of 18. If you believe that we processing the personal information pertaining to a child and or someone under the adult age of 18 inappropriately, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can address that matter.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may store and use personal information to (1) understand, improve, and further develop our Gathr Platform, (2) to build a trusted and safe environment and (3) to personalize and improve our efforts towards advertising and marketing.
2.1 Improve and Grow Gathr. We may use the personal information to:
- enable you to access and use Gathr,
- enable you to communicate with other Members and/or Vendors,
- operate, protect and optimize our platform and experience by performing analytics through google and conducting research,
- provide customer service,
- send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- if you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may use this provided information: (i) to send out guest party, invitations or referral invitations, (ii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iii) for any purpose you authorize at the time.
We process personal information provided to us with our interest in improving our platform for our users and vendors.
2.2 Build and Maintain a Trusted and Safe Environment. We may use personal information to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity,
- conduct security investigations in addition to risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information or forms of identification provided by you (such as to verify your address provided),
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background checks, to the extent permitted by law and with your consent where required,
- comply with our legal obligations,
- Resolve any disputes with any of our Customers and enforce our agreements with third parties,
- enforce our Terms and Conditions and other policies.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in protecting everyone involved on our Platform, to measure the performance with you, and to comply with applicable laws.
2.3 Personalize and Improve our Efforts Towards Advertising and Marketing. We may use the personal information to:
- send you promotional emails and messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about Gathr partner campaigns and new services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, or Google),
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising messages and designs,
- Administer referral programs, reward systems, customer feedback surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Gathr or its third party partners,
- conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with our Platform, information obtained from third parties, and based off of data from your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we believe may interest to you,
- enrolling in an email subscription will not affect the frequency of administrative emails that we may send in connection with any Gathr related Account. Note that you may not be able to take advantage of certain promotional offers if you do not have a Gathr Account set-up.
2.4 How the Payments uses the Personal Information Collected. We may use the personal information as a part of Payment services to:
- Allow you to access and use the Payment Services.
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Conduct checks against databases and other sources.
- Enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies.
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may interest to you based on your preferences.
2.5 Your Decision
You have choices on the promotional messages that you would prefer to receive.
- You can limit the information you provide to Gathr. Opting in to promotions and marketing subscriptions is voluntary.
- You can limit what Gathr sends to you:
- To opt-out of marketing emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email we send you.
3. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
3.1 Advertising and Social Media; Sharing With Your Consent.
Where you have provided consent, Gathr may share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent.
Our efforts in Advertising and Social Media are to generate leads, drive traffic to our website, and promote our products and services. These activities are based on our interest in undertaking marketing tactics to offer you products or services that may be if your interest.
The social media platforms with which we may share your personal information are not controlled or supervised by Gathr. Therefore, any questions regarding how social media platforms provide your personal information should be directed to that third party.
3.2 Sharing Information with Vendors.
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions between Vendors with our members, we may need to share certain information, including personal information, with other vendors and service providers, as it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, as follows:
- When you as a Customer submit a booking request, certain information about you is shared with each Vendor booked— including your full name, the location of the event (whether it’s at your house or an outside venue), the full name of any additional Guests, and other information you agree to share. When your booking is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the booking, like your phone number.
- When you as a Host invite additional Guests to a booking, your full name, address of the event, and other related information will be shared with each additional Guest.
3.3 Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights.
Gathr and Gathr Payments may disclose your personal information to: courts, law enforcement, governmental authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Gathr, (iii) to respond to valid requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service, the Payment Terms or other agreements with Members, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Gathr, its Members, or members of the public.
These disclosures may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for the protection of your or another person's vital interests or for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping our Gathr Platform secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, facilitating the collection of taxes and prevention of tax fraud or preventing damage.
Where appropriate, we may notify Members about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Gathr’s property, its Members and the Gathr Platform.
3.4 Service Providers.
Gathr Payments uses a variety of third-party service providers to help us provide services related to the Gathr Platform and the Payment Services.
For example, service providers may help us: (i) verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) conduct background or police checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment, (iv) perform product development, maintenance and debugging, (v) allow the provision of the Gathr Services through third party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), (vi) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services, or (vii) process, handle or assess insurance claims or other similar claims. These providers have limited access to your personal information to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are contractually bound to protect the personal information and only use the personal information in accordance with our instructions .
Gathr will need to share your information, including personal information, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you.
3.5 Government Registration.
In jurisdictions where Gathr facilitates or requires a registration, notification, permit, or license application of a Vendor with a local governmental authority through the Gathr Platform in accordance with local law, we may share information of participating Vendors with the relevant authority, both during the application process and, if applicable, periodically thereafter, such as the Vendor’s full name and contact details, address, tax identification number, and listing details.
3.6 Aggregated Data.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or traces back to an individual user) for marketing and advertising in addition to other business purposes.
4 OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
4.1 Third Party Integrations
Our Gathr Platform may contain links to third party websites or services, such as third party integrations, or third party-branded services (“Third Party Partners”). Gathr doesn’t own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, Gathr, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own set of rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
5. YOUR INFORMATION
5.1 Managing Your Information.
You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
6.2 Inaccurate or Incomplete Information.
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you associated with your Gathr account.
We have security measures in place to help protect your information against unauthorized access. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information include information access controls. If you know or have reason to believe that your Gathr Account credentials have been lost, stolen, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Gathr Account, please contact us in the below section.
7. CONTACT US